14 Feb Virginia Street Project Weekly Update | February 14, 2020
Concrete on the westside of the new roundabout is scheduled to be installed this week and next week. Construction on the west side of Virginia Street at Martin Street is in process. Crews are removing existing sidewalks, curbs and gutters so that they can be replaced with new infrastructure. Construction continues on the east side of Virginia Street north of Vassar Street. At some locations, these removals will be at business store fronts. Boardwalks will be installed to access businesses. Businesses will be notified in advance of construction activity.
- Do you have a project photo you want to highlight? Please send a hi-resolution digital copy to: info@VirginiaStreetProject.com.
RTC Transit Information During Construction
Transit routes can change during construction. Visit rtcwashoe.com and click on public transit to check your route.
Construction Look Ahead
All operations are weather permitting
- Installation of infrastructure for transit stations.
- Roundabout construction at Center Street and Mary Street; Center Street is closed at Virginia Street.
- Construction on the east and west side of Virginia Street, from Vassar Street to Stewart Street.
University of Nevada, Reno
- Demolition and reconstruction on the east side of Virginia Street between 8th Street and 9th Street begins in March. Visit the University of Nevada, Reno section of our website for University of Nevada, Reno specific construction information.
Midtown Design Review Committee: Upcoming Meeting
- When: Wednesday, February 19 at 9:00 a.m.
- Where: McKinley Arts & Culture Center Auditorium
Save the date! The Midtown Design Review Committee (DRC) – comprised of any interested business owners and citizens in the Midtown area and beyond – are invited to discuss preferred locations for the artistic benches and bike racks that were chosen by the DRC, the Public Art Committee with representatives from Midtown, and the Arts & Culture Commission.
The artistic benches and bike racks will be placed along Virginia Street between Liberty Street and Plumb Lane. Locations will be limited by sidewalk space and accessibility requirements.
Welcome New Restaurant food + drink to Midtown
food + drink is a new Midtown eatery providing a fresh, organic and eclectic menu. Enjoy homemade Liege waffles, pizza made from 48-hour aged dough, or tacos served with homemade tortillas made daily in-house.
Visit food + drink at 18 St. Lawrence Avenue, Reno 89509. For hours, menu information and more, visit https://thefoodanddrink.com/.