07 Aug Virginia Street Project Weekly Update | August 7, 2020
Midtown will be home to more than 250 new trees when the project is completed. These trees need time to adjust to their new conditions. Sometimes newly planted trees can go into “shock” and may look like they are dying. It can take a while for them to adjust.
New trees and new businesses are sprouting in Midtown.
Welcome to The Factory, located at 655 S. Virginia Street. Providing ninja-like-precision and talented designers, The Factory offers branding, graphic design, web design, social media and video services.
Two-way traffic is anticipated on Virginia Street from Plumb Lane to Liberty Street after 5 pm on Friday, August 14. The team still needs to finish landscaping and drivers can expect minimal traffic control and side street closures on the northern end of Virginia Street throughout August.
- Midtown Traffic Control All operations are weather permitting.
- Virginia Street is two-way traffic from Center/Mary Streets to Plumb Lane.
- Virginia Street is one-way southbound from Liberty Street to Center/Mary Streets with two-way traffic anticipated beginning August 14.
- Crews are placing center medians, striping the roadway and installing landscaping on Virginia Street from Liberty Street to Center/Mary Streets.
UNR Traffic Control
- The bridge on Virginia Street over I-80 between Maple Street and Eighth Street, west of Walgreens, is closed to through traffic until mid-August. Northbound traffic and pedestrians are detoured to Center Street via Maple Street. Southbound traffic and pedestrians are detoured to Sierra Street via 9th Street.
- Traffic is two-way on North Virginia Street from 9th Street to 15th
- Traffic is one-way northbound on North Virginia Street between 15th Street and the Sierra Street/Comstock Drive/Virginia Street intersection, just south of McCarran Boulevard. Traffic through this section is switched to the east side of the street and new roundabout to allow for work on the west side of the roundabout. Southbound traffic in this area is detoured at Sierra Street and utilizes 15th Street back to North Virginia Street.
Learn How to Navigate a Roundabout: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKNw5ct3_lA
RTC’s Route 1, RAPID Virginia Line, and UNR-Midtown Direct will continue on a northbound detour on Holcomb Avenue and Center Street. Southbound buses are on their normal routes. Check route and schedule information at rtcwashoe.com.