12 Mar RTC Virginia Street Weekly Update 3/12
Construction Look Ahead
All operations are weather permitting.
- Crews are lowering utilities on Virginia Street from Mt. Rose Street to Center Street to prepare for paving operations in April. Traffic is one-way southbound only on Virginia Street from California Street to Mt. Rose Street.
- Installation of infrastructure for RAPID transit stations.
- Roundabout construction on the westside of the roundabout is in process on Virginia Street at Center Street and Mary Street; Center Street is closed at Virginia Street.
- Construction of new curb, gutter and sidewalks is taking place at multiple locations along Virginia Street, between Center Street and Liberty Street. Crews are removing the old sidewalks along the western side of Virginia Street, between St. Lawrence Avenue and Liberty Street to make way for the new improvements – wide sidewalks, street trees, and street lights. For your safety, please use boardwalks that have been placed throughout the construction areas to provide access to businesses.
Construction begins on the west side of the roundabout on Virginia Street at Center Street and Mary Street.
University of Nevada, Reno
- Crews will begin the demolition of the buildings located on the east side of Virginia Street between 8th Street and 9th Street on Monday, March 16. Construction work associated with building demolition will generally take place Monday through Friday between 7 a.m. and 5 p.m., although could go as late as 7 p.m. on some days, and could include some Saturday work. The demolition in this area will make way for roadway widening, a transit station, a bus lane, a shared bike lane, and wider sidewalks.
- Visit the University of Nevada, Reno section of our website for University of Nevada, Reno-specific construction information. Sign up to receive the University Stakeholder update, too!
Crews work on curb, gutter and sidewalk removals on the west side of Virginia Street at St. Lawrence Avenue. Removals continue north to Liberty Street.
Ceol Irish Pub is St. Patrick’s Day Headquarters, Tuesday March 17, 2020
Join Ceol for the biggest party of the year! Live music all day long. Food provided by local Battle Born food truck. Festivities start at 11:00 a.m. Cead mile failte!
RTC Provides Free Transportation on St. Patrick’s Day
The RTC is marking 17 years of providing a safe transportation choice to help people celebrate St. Patrick’s Day responsibly with the FREE Safe RIDE program. Scheduled RTC transit services will be free on Tuesday, March 17 from 4 p.m. until 2 a.m. Keep in mind, not all locations are served by transit, so the RTC recommends passengers check route and schedule information at rtcwashoe.com to plan a trip.