19 Oct Construction Update, October 19, 2018
Support Midtown at October Tastes & Treats Event
The RTC and Midtown businesses located at South Virginia Plaza invite the community to the Transforming Virginia Street October Tastes & Treats event on Thursday, October 25 from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
The event will feature free bites and sips from the plaza’s participating businesses, including Coach’s Grill and Sports Bar, MOO DANG, Si Amigos, midTown Wine Bar, Mario’s Portofino, The Polo Lounge, Sushi Pier and more. Event goers who visit all participating locations will also have the chance to receive a gift card from a South Virginia Plaza business.
This free event will celebrate construction progress on Virginia Street and encourage continued community patronage of Midtown Reno-area businesses during construction.
The RTC’s Virginia Street Project team will be at the event to provide the community with information about the project and answer attendee questions.
Construction Update, October 19, 2018
Traffic control on Virginia Street will consistently stay one-way southbound for most of construction. Side street closures will vary as crews work on the utility trench. The trench runs the length of the project requiring closures at different times and locations; and sometimes more than once.
Upcoming Traffic Control Week of October 22
- Friday, October 19, Monday, October 22 and Tuesday October 23: Crews will close the north side of Liberty Street at Virginia Street from 6 a.m. – 4 p.m. Westbound traffic on Liberty Street will be detoured north at Center Street to westbound Pine Street, then south on Virginia Street back to westbound Liberty Street. Eastbound traffic on Liberty Street will not be affected. Trucks will be detoured to Second Street.
- Wednesday, October 24 and Thursday, October 25: The Liberty Street/Virginia Street intersection will reopen to two-way traffic, but the traffic signal will be on a continuous flashing red light and traffic will be directed by flaggers.
- Wednesday, October 24: From 6 a.m. – 4 p.m., there will be only one lane on westbound Plumb Lane for drivers to go straight to continue westbound, or to turn right onto Virginia Street. The left turn lanes will not be affected.
Off-Beat Music Festival Comes to Midtown
More than 100 bands from across the country turn Midtown into a three-day music festival at various locations beginning Thursday, November 8 to Saturday, November 10. Click here to buy your wristband now and receive $10 off. Enter to receive your FREE wristband at any of these locations: 40 Mile Saloon, Brasserie St. James, Ceol Irish Pub, Chapel Tavern, Craft Wine & Beer, Holland Project, Junkee Clothing Exchange, Shea’s Tavern, The Loving Cup, The Saint MORE
One wristband will be given away at each location on Wednesday, November 7. Visit OffBeatReno.com for details.
Share Your Midtown Experience #VirginiaStreetProject
Don’t forget to share your experience while visiting any Midtown business by using #VirginiaStreetProject on Facebook or Instagram for the chance to receive a $10 gift card to Truckee Bagel Company. We will randomly select one recipient every week during construction. Please make sure your post is publicly visible to be eligible!
Jen E. is this week’s recipient for sharing her Midtown experience. Thank you for being Midtown Proud!
Lyft Partnership: 50 Percent Off Trips TO Midtown
Visit your favorite Midtown businesses during construction using Lyft! We’re offering a 50-percent-off coupon, up to $10 off, to any rider going INTO Midtown. To use the coupon:
- Input the code RAPID directly into your Lyft app in the “promo” section, or
- Click here to visit our custom claim site
- Click here for Midtown limits
The code is valid for trips into the Midtown area within the construction zone. The code is valid for trips originating from anywhere in our community that is outside of the Midtown District.