22 Aug Virginia Street Weekly Update August 22, 2019
Side Street Paving
Final paving on some side streets is complete. St. Lawrence Avenue, Tahoe Street, Moran Street and East Taylor are open to traffic. Please come see the new improvements and patronize the businesses!
Final striping operations, signing, sidewalks, landscape and aesthetics are ongoing.
Paving and new sidewalks on: St. Lawrence Avenue, Moran Street and East Taylor Street
Side Street Construction
Construction continues on side streets in Midtown. No two consecutive side streets will be closed at the same time. Businesses in Midtown continue to need your support during construction. Thank you for your patience! *Revised schedule.
- Cheney Street: Construction operations will begin August 21. Road will be closed to through traffic. Pedestrian access to businesses via boardwalks.
- Stewart Street: Construction operations anticipated to begin August 26. Road will be closed to through traffic. Pedestrian access to businesses via boardwalks
- Caliente Street: Construction operations anticipated to begin September 3. Road will be closed to through traffic. Pedestrian access to businesses via boardwalks.
- Martin Street and Arroyo Street: Continued construction. Pedestrian access to businesses via boardwalks.
Upcoming Community Meeting: May 23
The RTC is launching a new, temporary route that will connect Midtown Reno to the University of Nevada, Reno (UNR) and Downtown Reno. The new route, called UNR-Midtown Direct, will start on Sunday, August 25.
To celebrate the launch of the new service, the RTC is offering FREE rides on the UNR-Midtown Direct through September 8, 2019. After the initial free-ride period, bus fare on the UNR-Midtown Direct will be the same as regular RTC RIDE services.
This route is a temporary route that is expected to last through 2021. To view a map, or to plan your trip, please visit rtcwashoe.com
Public Information Office Closing
Due to low foot traffic, the RTC plans to close the project public information office on Friday, September 6, 2019. Even though the office will close, the project team is always available by calling the project hotline at 775-300-1848 or emailing info@VirginiaStreetProject.com. Appointments with the team can also be scheduled.
Lyft Partnership: 50% Off Trips TO Midtown
The project team is providing another option for people to visit their favorite Midtown businesses during construction by partnering with Lyft to offer a 50-percent-off coupon, up to $10 off, to any rider going INTO Midtown.
To use the coupon:
- Input the code RAPID directly into your Lyft app in the “promo” section, or
- Click here to visit our custom claim site
- Click here for Midtown limits
The code is valid for trips into the Midtown area within the construction zone. The code is valid for trips originating from anywhere in our community that is outside of the Midtown District.