05 Mar Virginia Street Project Weekly Update | March 5, 2020
Construction Look Ahead
All operations are weather permitting.
- Virginia Street roadway construction from Mt. Rose Street to Center Street is anticipated to begin on Monday, March 9. Traffic will be one-way southbound only on Virginia Street from California Street to Mt. Rose Street.
- Installation of infrastructure for transit stations.
- Roundabout construction continues on Virginia Street at Center Street and Mary Street; Center Street is closed at Virginia Street. Construction on the westside of the roundabout is anticipated to begin on March 9.
- Construction of new curb, gutter and sidewalks is taking place at multiple locations along Virginia Street, between Center Street and Liberty Street. The old sidewalks along the western side of Virginia Street, between Martin Street and Sup, have recently been removed to make way for the new stuff – wide sidewalks, street trees, and street lights. Please use boardwalks that have been placed throughout the construction areas to provide access to businesses.
University of Nevada, Reno
- Crews will begin the demolition of the buildings located on the east side of Virginia Street between 8th Street and 9th Street on Monday, March 16. Construction work associated with building demolition will generally take place Monday through Friday between 7 a.m. and 5 p.m., although could go as late as 7 p.m. on some days, and could include some Saturday work. The demolition in this area will make way for roadway widening, a transit station, a bus lane, a shared bike lane, and wider sidewalks.
- Visit the University of Nevada, Reno section of our website for University of Nevada, Reno-specific construction information.
Community invited to Cookies with the Construction Team on March 6.
What: Learn about the UNR phase of construction
When Friday, March 6, 2020 anytime between 9:30 and 11:30 am
Where: insomnia cookies at 935 N. Virginia Street Reno, NV, 89503
Construction will move northward as work begins on the segment near the University of Nevada, Reno on Monday, March 16, 2020. Attendees can enjoy cookies while they learn about upcoming construction operations. Members of the project team will be available to answer questions.
Please come talk with the construction team to learn about the next phase of construction on March 6 from 9:30 to 11:30 am at insomnia cookies.
If you can’t make it, you can always check VirginiaStreetProject.com for updates, or reach out to the construction team at info@VirginiaStreetProject.com or call the project hotline at (775) 300-1848.