28 Feb Virginia Street Project Weekly Update | February 28, 2020
Construction Look Ahead
All operations are weather permitting
- Virginia Street roadway construction from Mt. Rose Street to Center Street is anticipated to begin on Monday, March 9. Traffic will be one-way southbound only on Virginia Street from California Street to Mt. Rose Street.
- Installation of infrastructure for transit stations.
- Roundabout construction continues on Virginia Street at Center Street and Mary Street; Center Street is closed at Virginia Street. Construction on the westside of the roundabout is anticipated to begin on March 9.
- Construction of new curb, gutter and sidewalks is taking place at multiple locations along Virginia Street, between Center Street and Liberty Street. Areas along the eastern side of Virginia Street, north of Thoma are finishing up with the new concrete sidewalks curing. The old sidewalks along the western side of Virginia Street, between Martin Street and St. Lawrence Avenue, have recently been removed to make way for the new stuff – wide sidewalks, street trees, and street lights. Please use boardwalks that have been placed throughout the construction areas to provide access to businesses.
University of Nevada, Reno
- Demolition of existing structures on the east side of Virginia Street between 8th Street and 9th Street begins in mid-March.
- The demolition in this area will make way for roadway widening, a transit station, a bus lane, a shared bike lane, and wider sidewalks.
- Visit the University of Nevada, Reno section of our website for University of Nevada, Reno-specific construction information.
Midtown Design Review Committee Presentation
If you weren’t able to make it to the February 19 Midtown DRC Meeting at McKinley Arts & Culture Center and want an update on the Midtown enhancements and the bike rack and bench locations, please check out the presentation.
The artistic benches and bike racks will be placed along the Virginia Street corridor between Liberty and Plumb, in the Midtown District and RTC project zone. Locations will be limited by sidewalk space and accessibility requirements.
If you have any comments or feedback, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Welcome to Midtown!
Churrasco is Reno’s only authentic Brazilian wood-fire grill located at 425 S Virginia St. Reno, Nevada 89501.