20 Feb Virginia Street Project Weekly Update | February 20, 2020
Virginia Street Construction News
Construction on Virginia Street from Mt. Rose Street to Center Street is anticipated to begin Monday, March 9. Crews will prepare surface utility access points (manholes) for paving operations. Business access on Virginia Street will be maintained. Please follow marked detours and use new sidewalks to access businesses!
Roundabout construction on Virginia Street at Center Street and Mary Street continues with concrete installation this week and next. Crews are removing existing sidewalks, curbs and gutters so that they can be replaced with new infrastructure. All sidewalks are anticipated to be complete in April.
RTC Transit Information During Construction
Transit routes can change during construction. Visit rtcwashoe.com and click on public transit to check your route.
Construction Look Ahead
All operations are weather permitting.
- Virginia Street roadway construction from Mt. Rose Street to Center Street is anticipated to begin on Monday, March 9. Traffic will be one-way southbound only on Virginia Street from Center Street to Mt. Rose Street.
- Installation of infrastructure for transit stations.
- Roundabout construction at Center Street and Mary Street; Center Street is closed at Virginia Street. Construction on the west side of the roundabout is anticipated to begin on March 2.
- Construction on the east and west side of Virginia Street, from Vassar Street to Stewart Street.
University of Nevada, Reno
- Demolition of existing structures on the east side of Virginia Street between 8th Street and 9th Street begins in March.
- The demolition in this area will make way for roadway widening, a transit stop, a bus lane and wider sidewalks.
- Visit the University of Nevada, Reno section of our website for University of Nevada, Reno-specific construction information.
- A University-specific stakeholder update will begin in March. To sign up, visit VirginiaStreetProject.com.
Mardi Gras Weekend at Rue Bourbon
Friday, February 21 at 12 pm to Wednesday, February 25 at 10 pm
Rue Bourbon is bringing the best of New Orleans to Reno all weekend long during their Mardi Gras celebration. Did you know “Rue Bourbon” is French for “Bourbon Street?” This is their biggest celebration of the year, with events happening ALL WEEKEND! Live music, crawfish boil, face painting, revival brunch, Fat Tuesday, and more!