30 Apr Virginia Street Project Weekly Update | April 30, 2020
Virginia Street is closed to all traffic from Center Street/Mary Street to Liberty Street for accelerated paving activities. This closure is in effect 24 hours-a-day, seven-days-a-week until May 15, 2020, when Virginia Street will reopen to one-way traffic in Midtown.
After May 15, Virginia Street will remain open to one-way traffic as crews finish center median work, landscaping, roadway striping and final utility work. Virginia Street is anticipated to reopen to two-way traffic in Midtown in August, when construction is expected to be substantially complete.
Side streets and sidewalks along the closed section of Virginia Street are open so people can access essential businesses and pick up to-go food orders from Midtown restaurants. The project team is working with businesses to accommodate deliveries from their vendors and customers who are picking up to-go orders.
Construction on the segment of the Virginia Street Project near the University of Nevada, Reno, is continuing and expected to be complete this fall.
Construction Look Ahead
All operations are weather permitting.
- Virginia Street is closed to through traffic from Liberty Street to Center Street/Mary Street.
- Virginia Street is one-way southbound from Vassar Street to Mt. Rose Street.
- Thoma Street is closed at Virginia Street.
- Curb, gutter and sidewalk installation on the west side of Virginia Street from Center Street to Liberty Street continues.
- Installation of infrastructure for RAPID transit stations.
RTC’s Route 1, RAPID Virginia Line, and UNR-Midtown Direct will detour northbound on Holcomb Avenue and Center Street, and southbound on Liberty Street to California Avenue to Forest Street to Mt. Rose Street. Check route and schedule information at rtcwashoe.com.
MidTown business owners are taking over Instagram and Facebook and sharing their stories! Have you submitted a video yet? Simply record a 90-second vertical clip highlighting your business, your MidTown story and what your business is doing right now. Then text or email the video to Ashley at 530-260-6317 or email@example.com. It’s that easy!
Win the Virgina St. Sign
Bingo ends May 8!
If you’re looking for a fun way to support local businesses in Midtown, get ready to play some BINGO for a chance to win the coveted “Virgina” Street sign! (You know that happy accident that happened a few months back?)
To play, just follow these steps:
1. Follow @MidtownDistrictReno on Instagram
2. Screen shot (or download on: renomidtowndistrict.com) the BINGO card
3. Fill out the card, making sure to tag @midtowndistrictreno AND each business as you go
4. RE-share the BINGO card so others can participate too!
5. Bingo ends May 8, 2020.