14 Apr UNR RTC Construction Activities – 4/10
Virginia Street Weekly Update
University of Nevada, Reno
April 10, 2020
Construction is underway on Virginia Street at the University as the first week of operations wraps-up. All traffic, including pedestrian and bicycles, is pushed to the west side of the street as crews begin demoing the road and sidewalks on the east side. The West Stadium Parking Garage entrance from Virginia Street is also closed as crews begin construction of a new roundabout. Please use caution when travelling through the construction zone.
Crews begin construction of the new roundabout at the University north of the West Stadium Parking Garage on Virginia Street.
- Two-way traffic on North Virginia Street is pushed to the west side of the street to allow for work on the east side of the new roundabout. The West Stadium Parking Garage entrance on Virginia Street will be closed during this time – approximately two months.
- Demolition of the buildings located on the east side of Virginia Street between 8th Street and 9th Street is in process. Construction work associated with building demolition will generally take place Monday through Friday between 7 a.m. and 5 p.m., although could go as late as 7 p.m. on some days, and could include some Saturday work. The demolition in this area will make way for roadway widening, a transit station, a bus lane, a shared bike lane, and wider sidewalks.
We encourage the community to support businesses during this difficult time. Below are support opportunities:
- Curbside/Takeout, Delivery, Online Ordering – Yelp has provided a list of Reno/Sparks businesses who are providing these services. Your favorite business may not be on the list, but that doesn’t mean they aren’t also providing these services. Make sure to call ahead to confirm and wash your hands before and after pick-up!
- Purchase online gift cards – Many businesses offer online gift card purchasing. This is a great way to support your favorite businesses now and enjoy later.
- Pay for your service in advance – If you had a scheduled appointment for a professional service such as hair, nails, or a spa treatment that has been cancelled, ask your provider if you can pay for your next appointment now.