24 Jan Transforming Virginia Street Fit “N” February
Transforming Virginia Street Fit “N” February
RTC and SNC are encouraging the community to support Midtown businesses and living healthy with the Fit “N” February promotion. It’s easy and free to participate. Simply share your healthy Midtown experience on social media using #VirginiaStreetProject during the month of February. We will randomly select a recipient every week to receive a gift card/certificate to a participating Midtown business
Transforming Virginia Street Community Appreciation Event
Thank you to everyone who braved the cold and participated in our community appreciation event Tuesday morning, January 22 at Jelly Donut. The team gave away coffee and more than 200 donuts and made some new friends! Thank you to our media partners who helped promote the event.
Getting Around Midtown
RTC created a new video demonstrating how easy it is to get around Midtown during construction. Click here to watch and share with your customers and friends.
Week of January 28, 2018
- Lane shifts on Virginia Street throughout the project with flagger-controlled access at St. Lawrence Avenue and Tahoe Street.
- Nighttime work from 9 pm to 7 am is possible, weather permitting, on California Avenue, Caliente Street and Vassar Street. Crews will be working on water utility improvements and short-duration outages are anticipated. These operations are performed at night to minimize impacts to businesses and residents during the day.
- Westbound Holcomb Avenue at Virginia Street will be closed this week. Please use Pueblo Street.
The RTC project team is coordinating closely with other construction projects happening near the corridor.
NV Energy is working on a gas main replacement on Wells Avenue, between Moran Street and Ryland Street. Night work is possible. Please call (702) 402-5555 for more information.
Truckee Meadows Water Authority is anticipated to begin work on improvements between Gordon Avenue and Arlington Avenue. Please call (775) 834-8080 for more information.
NOTE: Traffic control is subject to change and weather permitting.
Share Your Midtown Experience #VirginiaStreetProject
Congratulations to Emily K.! She shared her Midtown experience at Rue Bourbon in Midtown and received a $10 gift card to Moo Dang.
Don’t forget to share your experience while visiting any Midtown business by using #VirginiaStreetProject on Facebook or Instagram for the chance to receive a $10 gift card to Moo Dang Thai Restaurant. We will randomly select one recipient every week during construction. Please make sure your post and photo are publicly visible to be eligible!
Lyft Partnership: 50 Percent Off Trips TO Midtown
Visit your favorite Midtown businesses during construction using Lyft! We’re offering a 50-percent-off coupon, up to $10 off, to any rider going INTO Midtown. To use the coupon:
- Input the code RAPID directly into your Lyft app in the “promo” section, or
- Click here to visit our custom claim site
- Click here for Midtown limits
The code is valid for trips into the Midtown area within the construction zone. The code is valid for trips originating from anywhere in our community that is outside of the Midtown District.
For more information on the project, transit stops, construction operations, business-support opportunities and more, please visit VirginiaStreetProject.com, text Virginia to 797979, or join the conversation on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.