17 Jan RTC Virginia Street Update – January 17
Transforming Virginia Street “Good Morning”
Community Appreciation Event
The Regional Transportation Commission (RTC) of Washoe County and Sierra Nevada Construction invite the community to stop by Jelly Donut on their way to work on Tuesday, January 22 from 7 a.m. – 8 a.m. for free coffee and donuts. Jelly Donut is located at 1750 S. Virginia Street, near the intersection of Wells Avenue and S. Virginia Street.
The project team is providing the morning treats to the community in appreciation of their patience during construction and to remind drivers about the one-way traffic condition on Wells Avenue to access Jelly Donut and Mega Coin Laundry.
The project team will be in the parking lot giving away coffee and donuts to anyone who stops by between 7 a.m. – 8 a.m.
Getting Around Midtown
RTC created a new video demonstrating how easy it is to get around Midtown during construction. Click here to watch and share with your customers and friends.
City of Reno Seeks Input on Midtown Public Art
Week of January 21, 2019
- Lane shifts on Virginia Street throughout the project with flagger-controlled access at St. Lawrence Avenue and Tahoe Street.
- Nighttime work from 9 pm to 7 am is possible, weather permitting, on California Avenue, Caliente Street and Vassar Street. Crews will be working on water utility improvements and short-duration outages are anticipated. These operations are performed at night to minimize impacts to businesses and residents during the day.
- Westbound Holcomb Avenue at Virginia Street will be closed this week. Please use Pueblo Street.
The RTC project team is coordinating closely with other construction projects happening near the corridor.
NV Energy is working on a gas main replacement on Wells Avenue, between Moran Street and Ryland Street. Night work is possible. Please call (702) 402-5555 for more information.
Truckee Meadows Water Authority is anticipated to begin work on improvements between Gordon Avenue and Arlington Avenue. Please call (775) 834-8080 for more information.
NOTE: Traffic control is subject to change and weather permitting.
Share Your Midtown Experience #VirginiaStreetProject
Congratulations to Amber H.! She shared her Midtown experience at Whispering Vine in Midtown and received a $10 gift card to Moo Dang.
Don’t forget to share your experience while visiting any Midtown business by using #VirginiaStreetProject on Facebook or Instagram for the chance to receive a $10 gift card to Moo Dang Thai Restaurant. We will randomly select one recipient every week during construction. Please make sure your post and photo are publicly visible to be eligible!
Lyft Partnership: 50 Percent Off Trips TO Midtown
Visit your favorite Midtown businesses during construction using Lyft! We’re offering a 50-percent-off coupon, up to $10 off, to any rider going INTO Midtown. To use the coupon:
- Input the code RAPID directly into your Lyft app in the “promo” section, or
- Click here to visit our custom claim site
- Click here for Midtown limits
The code is valid for trips into the Midtown area within the construction zone. The code is valid for trips originating from anywhere in our community that is outside of the Midtown District.
For more information on the project, transit stops, construction operations, business-support opportunities and more, please visit VirginiaStreetProject.com, text Virginia to 797979, or join the conversation on Facebook and Twitter.