22 Mar RTC Virginia Street Update – 3/22
March 22 Hot Topics:
- How do you want to receive project information? Take the survey.
- Updates from the March 21 project meeting
- Agenda for the March 28 project meeting
- NEW weekly project videos. Watch here.
March 21 Meeting Update
RTC, SNC and the City of Reno met with business owners and stakeholders on Thursday, March 21 at The Saint. The team provided project information including construction timelines and operations and answered questions. View the presentation here.
The next phase of construction is anticipated to begin June 17, 2019. From June to October, the team will reconstruct nine side streets: Stewart Street, Moran Street, Cheney Street, St. Lawrence Avenue, East Taylor Street, Tahoe Street, Martin Street, Caliente Street and Arroyo Street. When construction is active, side streets will be closed. Consecutive streets will not be closed at the same time. Traffic on Virginia Street from Plumb Lane to Mt. Rose Street will be one-way southbound. Two-way traffic will be maintained on Virginia Street from Mt. Rose Street north. View the project schedule here.
Want to know what construction will look like in front of your business this summer? Stop by the weekly meetings on Thursdays, 9 am at The Saint and ask the project team.
Agenda topics for the March 28 meeting include:
- Discussion on project benches and bike racks
- Right-of-way process
- One-on-one discussions with businesses and stakeholders on upcoming construction activities