09 Jan RTC Virginia Street – 1/9 Update
12 Merry Days of Midtown
Transforming Virginia Street Holiday Party
Thank you to everyone who participated in the 12 Merry Days of Midtown! Congratulations to Alyxandra M. from Reno. She received $1,000 in Midtown gift cards for sharing her Midtown experience during the holidays. The project team is working on a new promotion to ring in 2019! More details in next week’s Stakeholder Update.
Week of January 14, 2018
- Nighttime work from 9 pm to 7 am is possible, weather permitting, on California Avenue and Caliente Street. Crews will be working on water utility improvements and short-duration outages are anticipated. These operations are performed at night to minimize impacts to businesses and residents during the day.
- Lane shifts on Virginia Street throughout the project with flagger-controlled access at St. Lawrence Avenue.
- Westbound Holcomb Avenue at Virginia Street will be closed this week. Please use Pueblo Street.
- Various side street closures at, St. Lawrence Avenue, Caliente Street, Arroyo Street, Pueblo Street, Mt. Rose Street and Holcomb Avenue at Virginia Street. Consecutive side streets will not be closed at the same time.
Temporary Construction Outages
For the safety of workers, businesses and residents, there will be instances of temporary service disruption during construction. In addition to oversight agency notification (Washoe County Health Department) the project team (Sierra Nevada Construction, Regional Transportation of Washoe County and Truckee Meadows Water Authority) will provide advanced notice in writing and in person. Most outages will occur in the early morning hours -after midnight for approximately two to four hours. We will work with you prior to the outage to determine the most convenient day and time. Please call the project team at 775-300-1848 with questions.
The RTC project team is coordinating closely with other construction projects happening near the corridor.
NV Energy is working on a gas main replacement on Wells Avenue, between Moran Street and Ryland Street. Night work is possible. Please call (702) 402-5555 for more information.
Truckee Meadows Water Authority is anticipated to begin work on improvements between Gordon Avenue and Arlington Avenue. Please call (775) 834-8080 for more information.
NOTE: Traffic control is subject to change and weather permitting.
Share Your Midtown Experience #VirginiaStreetProject
Don’t forget to share your experience while visiting any Midtown business by using #VirginiaStreetProject on Facebook or Instagram for the chance to receive a $10 gift card to Truckee Bagel Company. We will randomly select one recipient every week during construction. Please make sure your post and photo are publicly visible to be eligible!
Lyft Partnership: 50 Percent Off Trips TO Midtown
Visit your favorite Midtown businesses during construction using Lyft! We’re offering a 50-percent-off coupon, up to $10 off, to any rider going INTO Midtown. To use the coupon:
- Input the code RAPID directly into your Lyft app in the “promo” section, or
- Click here to visit our custom claim site
- Click here for Midtown limits
The code is valid for trips into the Midtown area within the construction zone. The code is valid for trips originating from anywhere in our community that is outside of the Midtown District.